Aadhar card has emerged and appeared as one of the most critical identification proof for every citizen. The unique 12 digital Aadhaar number is nowadays important for availing most of the government offered benefits. Aadhar card mainly contains two types of information one if your biometric data and the other one is your demographic information such as name, father’s name, address and other things. Here is the guide on How to Check Aadhaar Card Status Online.
It has been expected that most of the government benefits and private sectors now requires an Aadhaar card. If you have not enrolled for the Aadhaar card yet? I advise you to get yourself enrolled as soon as possible. However, If you have already enrolled and waiting for your Aadhaar card to get dispatch in your address then this article is might be for you. In this article, I have added the process of checking Aadhaar card status only. Let’s have a look.
How to Check Aadhaar Card Status Online?
You may not believe me but the government of India and the UIDAI has officially allowed people to access their Aadhaar card online. It means they can now have access to every Aadhaar card feature online. It means not only they can check the status of their Aadhaar card but also update the information, download and many things.
Anyway, let’s stick to the topic. You need two things to check your Aadhaar card status online. The first one is the enrollment ID along with date and time (It should be mentioned on the acknowledgment slip given to you during the enrollment process) and the second one is the registered mobile number with Aadhaar card.
If you have misplaced the enrollment slip? There is no issue. You can retrieve it as well using the online portal. I have mentioned the steps for recovering below.
- First, visit the official website of UIDAI.
- Go through the option “Recover/lost UID/EID”.
- On the next page, enter all the required details (Make sure the details are the same as you have mentioned during the Aadhaar enrollment process.
- Now type the security code and click on Send OTP.
- Enter the OTP.
- Post verification of OTP, the enrollment ID will be given to you again on the screen.
So, we have now all the required details that are needed to check Aadhaar card status online. Let’s check out the steps for checking the status of the Aadhaar card.
- Visit the official UIDAI website.
- Go through the “check Aadhaar card status” option.
- Enter the EID, date & time and the registered mobile number.
- Enter the captcha code and click on send OTP.
- Enter the OTP and click on proceed.
- If your Aadhaar card is ready then It will be shown on the screen that your aadhar card is now available to download.
Why there is a Need to Check Aadhaar Card Status?
It is because if there is a time being after the enrollment and the Aadhaar card is still not delivered at your doorstep. Therefore, It is important to check the status of the Aadhaar card. It is also to know whether our application is processed or canceled.
Also, It is to check our Aadhaar card is ready to download online or now.
Here we come at the end. I already have mentioned the importance of having an Aadhaar card. I advise that if you have not enrolled for Aadhaar card yet then get yourself enrolled as soon as possible. Apparently, In this article, I have added the process for checking Aadhaar card status online. If there are any other doubts then you can ask us in the comments section.