Keeping in pace with the latest technology can be a daunting task for any bank and its customers. To keep the competition up and running, all forms of services are now put up on the internet for the ease of the customer. Being able to access these is a reasonably simple task unless you are technologically challenged like me. I have prepared a simple guide to handle your account if you are a customer of the prestigious City Union Bank. Check Everything with CUB Net Banking below.
City Union Bank, formerly known as The Kumbakonam Bank Limited is an Indian bank that was incorporated as a limited company in the year of 1904. The bank was initially a regional bank in the district of Thanjavur, Tamil Nadu. Slowly and steadily, the bank has amassed more than 650 widespread branches.
The bank offers a multitude of services like savings products, deposit products, self-service kiosks, corporate banking, loans, mobile banking, investment banking, net banking, and insurance.
The City Union Bank takes its progress very seriously and keeps in touch with market trends. As we can see, technology is being integrated into all aspects of our lives at a rapid pace. The bank also followed suit by computerizing all its branches since 1990. They have gone the extra mile by introducing the first on-site banking robot in 2016. Going by the name of Lakshmi, it is a humanoid capable of answering 120 questions and performing tasks with sensitive financial information.
What are the benefits of CUB Internet Banking?
- You will be able to check your account balance during any time of the day. Moreover, if you think that account balance is not enough that what you were expecting then you can also go through the recent transactions for the detailed report.
- You will be able to check all kinds of account information and able to edit usual information like mobile number, email address using internet banking service.
- You will be able to pay all kinds of bills using the internet banking service.
- If you have borrowed any loan from the City Union Bank then you will be able to check out all the transactions and loan amount details using internet banking.
- You will be able to issue your debit cards, block your debit cards, change your debit card pin using CUB internet banking service.
This is not the end. There are many more benefits of using CUB internet banking. You will find more such benefits once you are used to it.
Also, Check – Standard Chartered Net Banking
Registering for City Union Bank Net Banking:
If you want to activate the net banking services for your account in the City Union Bank, then you need to visit the branch physically for the registration process. The process is written below in an easy to follow a stepwise manner.
- To activate your net banking, you need to first register for it in your home branch. Make sure it is not any branch but the branch you opened your account in.
- Place a request for the form for registration for net banking. Fill in the requested details and submit it after verification.
- Once your form has been accepted, you will be provided with a User ID and Password. This is usually sent through the postal services and should arrive about 5 to 7 working days after the acceptance of your form.
- Use the User ID and Password to login to your net banking account. You can use it as you wish.
Using the Net Banking Portal:
Once you have received your net banking User ID and Password, you need to login to your account to use the services. Follow the steps below to login to your net banking account.
- Make sure the device is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Open the official website of the City Union Bank.
- To proceed, click on “Personal” when prompted to select the Net Banking option.
- Enter the User ID and Password in the required fields.
- Click on the Login button to continue.
- A new page will load, which is your dashboard for all tasks that you may want to do.
Changing your Net Banking Password:
Once you have logged in, it is advisable that you change your password. It is necessary to maintain the security of your account. Follow the steps written below to change your password.
- Make sure the device is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Open the official website of City Union Bank.
- To change your password, first, log in to your net banking account using your User ID and Password.
- There will be an option for changing your password, available on your dashboard. Select it and follow the instructions given.
Forgotten your Net Banking Password:
In case you have forgotten your password for your net banking account, do not worry. Retrieving it or changing it is a very straightforward process. Follow the steps below to regain access to your account.
- Connect your device to a stable internet connection.
- Visit the official website of CUB net banking.
- Enter the User ID and click on the “Forgot Password” option.
- You will be asked to verify your account details like account number, registered mobile number and OTP sent on it.
- Once the verification process is complete, a new set of instructions will be provided for setting up a new password.
- Follow the steps and log in again. You will regain access to your net banking account.
Changing the CUB Online Banking Pin:
Usually, the PIN to your card can only be changed at an ATM. City Union Bank allows you to change your PIN through your net banking account. Follow the steps written below to change your PIN.
- Open your net banking account on the official website. Make sure the device is connected to a stable internet connection.
- Click on “Cards” on your dashboard.
- Select the desired card and select the option for changing the PIN. A new page will open.
- Follow the instructions supplemented and change your PIN accordingly.
Deactivating your CUB Net Banking Account:
If you need to disable your net banking account for any reason whatsoever, then you need to contact the City Union Bank customer service at 044-71225000. You can also get in touch via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If this is not possible for you, then a visit to your home branch should be adequate. Simply put in a request for deactivation of your net banking account. Your request will be complied with.
In case of any suspicious activity of your account, call the City Union Bank helpline immediately and request for complete deactivation. The staff will help you navigate through this process more smoothly.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Some questions have been frequently asked by the users. Therefore, I decided to answer some of the common questions here.
#1 What is I forget my login password?
There is no need to get panic. If you forget your login password then you can quickly recover it by visiting the official website of City Union Bank.
From the login page. You have to click on the forget password option and complete the rest of the process for your password recovery.
#2 What are some security measures that I should keep in my mind for account safety?
To be an instance, some of the essential security measures that you have to keep in your mind are:
- You should never share your user ID and password with anyone. (Even, if anyone is pretending to be the bank employee though because no bank employee would ever ask for such details)
- Keep changing your login password thrice in a year at least.
- Never use your name in your password.
- Do not try to log in to your internet banking account if you are connected with any public WIFI hotspot.
#3 What if I have to deactivate CUB net banking services?
This is simple. If you wish to deactivate internet banking services then you can contact your home branch anytime for the same. You only have to fill up one simple form and submit to the bank. Post submission of the form, the bank will deactivate your access to internet banking.
#4 How to transfer funds using internet banking?
This is simple.
- You have to log in to your internet banking account first.
- Then, go through the fund transfer option from the drop-down menu.
- Enter the beneficiary details.
- Post activation of your beneficiary. You will be able to transfer the funds.
Now that we have a complete guide to the net banking services of City Union Bank, It should be easy to avail of its services. If you have any queries, drop them in the comments section below.