EPF acts as a money investment role in a long-term retirement savings scheme. Nonetheless, workers can withdraw from the EPF early, i.e. during their jobs. Check Your EPF Balance Online below.
Key Information About EPF:
- 75% of the overall EPF corpus can be withdrawn after the duration of approximately a quarter a year of unemployment and the remaining 25% will be added to the account after owning a job – according to the current EPFO law and policy.
- If there is a break in contribution to the PF scheme for 5 consecutive years, the EPF balance is assumed as taxable income for that financial year.
- The PF account holder can make an online request for partial withdrawal and PF withdrawal is subject to limits depending on the reason.
- An employee no longer needs to wait for the EPF withdrawal consent from the company. Employees can withdraw easily from the EPFO by linking UAN and Aadhaar, which were approved by the employer.
Read More – How to Withdraw PF/EPF Balance Online?
Checking the balance of the Employee Provident Fund (EPF) has made it very easy for the members of the Employees’ Provident Fund Organisation (EPFO). The following are four different methods of checking the EPF balance:
- EPFO Portal
Employees may access their EPFO passbook using the EPFO portal. The employees must, however, have an activated UAN. The process to check the EPF balance by employees through the EPFO portal is given below:
- To check the Employees Provident Fund Balance, first, visit the EPFO portal (https://www.epfindia.gov.in/site_en/index.php).
- In the new web page, the user must choose the ‘For Employees’ option listed under the ‘Our Services’ tab.
- After that, select the ‘Member Passbook’ listed under the ‘Services’ column.
- Enter his/her UAN, password, and Captcha values.
- Select the ‘Login’ option.
- In the reloaded page, users can check his/her Provident Fund balance under their Member ID.
2. Missed Call
Members of the EPF can also verify their balance by contacting their registered mobile phone number for 011-22901406. In order to use this facility, employees must be associated with their UAN’s Permanent Account Number (PAN), Aadhaar, and their bank account number. If the above data is not linked with the UAN, the employees will be able to ask the employer to link the details.
- SMS Service
If employees have their UAN enabled, they can send their PF balance and the final contribution by email to 7738299899. EPFOHO UAN ENG is the SMS format to send. The preferred language for the employee to avail details in the SMS format is the last three words.
- Through Umang App:
Users can download the application from Play Store/App Store or click on the below link to download directly.
- Go to the Umang app and choose EPFO.
- Select ‘Employee Centric Services‘.
- Select the ‘View Passbook‘ tab to check your EPF balance.
- Submit UAN, OTP and click on the ‘Login‘ button.
- Choose the ID of the company for which the balance is to be checked.
- The passbook and balance will be shown on screen.
Leave a Reply