The Government has made the linking of its EPF account with Aadhaar and other documentation necessary for employees. Employee Provident Fund Organization (EPFO) helps individuals, through the online portal, to conveniently update their KYC information. Updating the KYC information also leads to a host of advantages such as simple account service, low TDS withdrawals, etc. Check How to Update KYC for EPF UAN below.
Key Steps to Update KYC Details at EPF UAN Portal:
Users, who want to update your KYC details, follow here for simple steps below to update your KYC details in the EPF account at the EPF portal:
- Visit EPFO’s official portal https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/
- Enter your UAN and password to get a login to your EPF account at https://unifiedportal-mem.epfindia.gov.in/memberinterface/.
- Click on the “Manage” section and select the “KYC” option from the drop-down menu.
- The KYC update form for details to enter will be available. Provide data such as PAN, Aadhaar, visa, driving licenses, ration card, election card, National Population Register (NPR) and the bank details.
- Tick the box you want to update in front of the document. Type the document number, your name, according to the document and other information including IFSC for bank details and expiry date for passport and driving license.
- Once you click on the save button, all the changes in the form are saved and your details will be stored in the “Pending KYC” section.
- If you want to terminate the update of KYC details, cancel by clicking on the ‘X’ sign marked against the documents before the EPFO reviews them.
- The concerned EPFO Department officer verifies your details from the data form.
- When the details matched, the EPFO officer marks documents were verified.
Also, Check – Process for Employee Provident Fund (EPF) Balance Check
Steps to Update/Change Contact Details in Your EPF Account:
Your EPF account is already associated with your mobile number and email address. At the time of activation, this information will be taken. You can not only update your KYC information via the EPF site but can also update your contact details online.
- Visit EPFO official website and login to your EPF account with login credentials like your UAN and password.
- Click on the “Contact Details” option in the drop-down list under the ‘Manage’ section.
- To update your details, keep tick mark in the box against the “Change mobile number” option or “Change E-Mail Id” option.
- Choose the “Get Authorization Pin” button.
- Your registered mobile number gets an authorization pin through an OTP. Enter the same OTP.
- The page will be loaded to update your contact details in your EPF account.
What are the Benefits of Updating KYC Details?
- After the KYC records have been updated to your EPF profile, you can make use of a range of benefits. Some of the online withdrawal claims can be handled if KYC data are seeded to UAN.
- EPF accounts seamlessly transferred
- Members are notified by a monthly SMS after the activation of the monthly PF.
- If you terminate your PF within 5 years of service, a 10% TDS will be paid if you upgrade the PAN to the account. If the PAN is not updated, TDS can cost up to 34,608%.