Government schools are getting a far better education system these days. Therefore, it is one of the essential tasks to guide each school and its teachers about their respective subjects and syllabus. It is important for students who are studying there. However, it is kind of a difficult task for processing such information for every school and its teachers. Therefore, the government of Tamil Nadu decided to create a portal to do the same.
There are multiples log-in portals of various schools are available online by the government of Tamil Nadu. This all is managed by Tamil Nadu Schools Educational Management Information System (TN EMIS). In this article, we are going to make it worth reading and adding all the required information that one needs to know. Let’s have a look.
What is TN Emis?
We had mentioned it earlier. EMIS stands for Educational Management Information System and TN EMIS stands for Tamil Nadu Educational Management Information System. This provides a wonderful platform for students, teachers, and schools. This one is being called the Tamil Nadu Teachers Platform (TNTP).
This portal is generally started to enhance the e-learning skills through the vibrant e-learning contents. This portal has e-learning teaching, learning, practice resources, videos, interactives, simulations, online courses, training modules, and much more extra stuff to learn.
What are the advantages?
- It does provide the digital contents which are accessible by the teacher’s platform across Tamil Nadu.
- There is a unique login ID associated with every teacher with the state of the syllabus.
- There is a personal tracking to the path for professional excellence.
How to log in at TN EMIS TNTP Portal?
Here we come to the main part. We do know that it is impossible to get logged in to any portal without doing registration in the specific portal. Therefore, you need to complete your registration at the TN EMIS website.
After registration, you will get an eight-digit username and password assigned by EMIS. However, if you are a teacher or staff member then you can access the dashboard using your staff login ID and password.
Once the registration is complete, you can now follow the steps that we had given below for getting logged in to the portal.
- First, you need to visit the official website of TNTP. You can do this by visiting these links https://tntp.tnschools.gov.in/lms/ or https://tntp.tnschools.gov.in/.
- After that, a login page will get appear on your screen.
- You need to enter the eight-digit username and password for getting logged in to the portal.
- Once logged in. You will see the dashboard, and also gets five main verticals in TNTP such as academic resources, E-Textbook, Questions Bank, Courses contribute, etc.
- You can open anyone from them and read the details within them.
- Last, your login process to the TNTP portal is complete. You can now login to the dashboard of TN EMIS anytime.
How to search for topics on the TNTP Dashboard?
Once the registration and login process gets completed, you can now open the dashboard and use the search option for finding the topics you like as per your requirements. You can also follow the steps that we had given below.
- First, visit the official website of TN EMIS.
- Log in using the username and password.
- From the dashboard, click on the search option.
- You can now type the topic according to your requirement and press the search button.
- You’ll get redirected to the chapters that you had the search for within a few seconds.
How to Reset Password?
- First, visit the official website of TN EMIS. You can do this by clicking here.
- A login page will get appear on your screen.
- Click on the forget password option.
- Now, you will see two options Search by username and search by email address on your screen.
- You need to enter the registered username or email id address to the required fields.
- If the username or email address gets found by the system then you will get an email on your registered email address with a verification link.
- You can use that link for the verification and resetting your password to get logged in to the dashboard.
Alternatively, you can use this link: https://tntp.tnschools.gov.in/lms/login/forgot_password.php.
How to get registered in TN EMIS Portal?
Every school in Tamil Nadu is required to get registered at www.emis.tnschools.gov.in. There are only a few authorized people who can access this portal using their login.
Head Masters: The role of the headmaster is to improve and monitor the students, staff, and teachers’ attendance performance.
Chief Education Officer: The role of the Chief Education Officer is to inspect all the schools with the revenue district.
Block Education Officer: The role of the Block Education Officer is to inspect all the schools within the block district.
District Education Officer: The role of the District Education Officer is to inspect all the schools within the education district.
Teachers of all the respective schools in Tamil Nadu can get their username and password from their headmaster only after the approval and submission at the TN EMIS website.
You may also like to read, How to Track GST Refund on GST and PFMS Portal?
How to download and get logged in to the TNTP app?
It must be difficult to access the portal using the desktop every time. Therefore, the government of Tamil Nadu has decided to launch an android application for the same. You can follow the steps that we had given below for downloading and getting logged in to the same.
- First, open the Google Play Store on your smartphone.
- Now, type Moodle in the search option.
- Install the Moodle application.
- Now, you need to open the Moodle application and type tntp.tnschools.gov.in/lms in the blank option.
- Later, press the connect button.
- After that, you are required to fill up the eight-digit username and password.
- Fill up all the required fields and click on the login button.
- That’s it. You are successfully logged in within the app.
TNTP App offline access?
Do you know what is the best part of this application? You do not need an internet connection every time because you can download the course file for use.
There are two ways.
- You only have to open the course that you want to download.
- Then, click on the three dots that must be present under the top right corner of your screen.
- Last, click on the download course option.
- That’s it.
- You need to open the course that you want to download.
- Pull the screen down to refresh and then you will get an option to download the course.
- Then, click on the download course option.
- That’s it.
TN School Department Contact Details
- Name: Principal Secretary to Government
- Name: Tmt. Sigy Thomas Vaidhyan
- Post: CSE (Commissioner of School Education)
- Phone: 044 – 25672790
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Address: D.P.I campus, Chennai – 600 006
- Official Email ID: email@example.com
TN EMIS Portal
Enter the School Profile
If you want to enter the school profile then you have to enter all the details like U-DISE Code, School Name, Location Details, School Management category, school affiliation, phone number, website, and other details. These details include all the details from the year school is started.
Update Teaching Staff Information of School
For updating teaching staff information of the school, one needs to enter all the required details like aadhar number, name, date of birth in the required forms.
Update Non-Teaching Staff Information of School
For updating non-teaching staff information of the school, one needs to enter all the required details like aadhar number, name, date of birth in the required forms.
Update Student Information
For updating student information, one needs to enter all the required details like students’ name, gender, height, blood group, society, parent’s name, transfer details, personal details, academic records, etc.
Frequently asked questions
What is EMIS?
EMIS (Educational Management Information System). It is a centralized database that keeps all the records of various schools, staff, teachers, and students. We have explained all the details above.
How to find the EMIS number?
It is a unique number and can only get from the higher authority staff in the school. One needs to contact the school authority for having the same.
How to Find EMIS Number of a Student in Tamilnadu?
This portal is been created for the schools in Tamil Nadu. It is for maintaining the records and database of every school and staff in Tamil Nadu. Students can get their EMIS number from the higher school authority staff.
Here we come to the end. This article is all related to the EMIS Portal and the schools in Tamil Nadu. In this article, we have added all the required information that one needs to know about TN EMIS and its login process. We also have added the searching process along. Still, if there is anything that is not understandable then you can ask us in the comments section.